Tuesday, August 18, 2009

This is reflection I wrote to Mrs Jerene Chong:
I joined softball ever since primary 3 in the year of 2006. The was no competition that year as it was the first year that softball was introduced into Tampines Primary. I learnt some basic throwing and catching without the glove with the soft rubber ball. Batting on the T-stand wasn’t easy then as I cannot aim on the ball. Next year, in 2007, we changed coach. Coach Michael was a very experience coach and most of our equipment comes from him. Although I did not play in the competition that year, I had fun cheering for my teammates especially the last match where it was held at our school. In year 2008, when I was in primary 5, I started to become senior although I wasn’t really good. Coach Zhi Yong is really strict and fierce and I admit that we didn’t really like him at first as there was so much difference between Coach Michael and Coach Zhi Yong. But after he left at the end of last year, I start to realize that my best memories of him was when he was pushing us real hard, his reprimands and so. He was thoughtful but not showing it. Like there was once, he bought water for us, he said if we do not finish it, we have to pay for it. Of course, we wouldn’t want to pay for it as there was quite a lot. Actually, he was trying to make us feel free to drink as much as we want yet saying it in a different way. Thinking that he was very hard on us, think about what he did to his boys. After going to the boys’ school for a friendly match, we knew he only treated us very lightly, as they were to do 50 star-jumps at once and many other physical trainings. That day, we did with them, we almost “fainted”! It was so tiring! Anyway, through this coach, my skill of catching high ball improved tremendously as I was an out-fielder and high ball always comes in my way. My batting, catching and throwing are also improving under his pressure. This year, 2009, we changed coach, again. This coach is also very experienced. He is quite funny but when he is fierce, like just before our competition, he can be quite scary. He uses some examples like how you look like when you do this and that, and hopefully, we will changed. Like, at first when he first took over us, my batting position looks very weird. He said that your hands look like the wings of a chicken! Hahs xD But after he joked a few times, he made sure that you change. If you don’t, he would nag and nag and nag, until you can’t stand it and finally change! That’s what happened to my style of throwing and catching. Although, my throwing is sometimes inaccurate, but at least, it’s better during competition. As for my catching, I guess it improves a lot now that I am first base. As for pitching, I was wanted to pitch since the start of this year. But I haven’t got the chance to until the 2nd last training during the June Holidays. I just toss to coach and he found out that the ball was quite hard and gave me a chance to pitch. This year, I really learn a lot because I am a P6 and the juniors need help/ some guidance so I am helping myself too.
Softball help me to:
 Build up my physical. Last time, after I run 2 rounds of warm-up, I would feel very dizzy and feel like fainting but now I don’t!
 Persist at what you are supposed to do. At the start of this year, coach already tell me that I would most probably be first base because of my height, but my catching wasn’t very good at that time and I want to be a pitcher. Upon hearing this, I put down my hope of becoming a pitcher and focus fully on catching and improvement was seen.
 Team work. When the juniors need help, don’t understand, we will have to patiently explain, especially during competition.

My words: I did not post this to show off that I can throw, catch and bat very well, and I don’t. After I finished reading this reflection to myself, a tear or two drop. I was very sad that I have to leave softball for now and I think softball gave me a lot of opportunities and help me a lot. Thank God for letting me know a sport like softball. I like softball!


A New Chapter Unfold.. 12:47 AM


that's me
Teng Shuan [Jasmine]
15 March is the day! xD


Loves♥♥

♥ My Parents♥♥
♥ Ah Dar♥♥
♥ My Bed♥♥
♥ Computer♥♥
♥ Softball
♥ Dance
♥ Storybooks
♥ SS501♥♥
♥ DBSK♥♥
♥ BOF and WGM♥♥
♥ Team Spirit!

♥♥Extra Love!♥♥

Hates
[People]Being Insulting
[People]Being Bossy
[People]Copying
[People]Gossiping
[People/Me]Being Jealous
[People/Me]Lying
[People/Me]Having no manners
[People/Me]Being Rude


Hopefully..
SS501's Persona Encore in Seoul DVD!
Accesories
Ipod
Good friends in Secondary School
Good health and studies!
World peace!


What's Up?
Let's give it a try. Although we dont know how far we can reach, but let's go until the end. We dont know if this is the end for us, but let's do our best.
I've got to be strong. Even though the truth may be cruel, I've got to face it.


[People]Being Insulting
TAGBOARD


ShoutMix chat widget



SCROLL TO THE RIGHT INSTEAD OF SCROLLING TO THE BOTTOM >>>>>>>>>>>


Darlinks

JASCTS♥ SabrIna♥ Amanda♥
Jolyn♥ CheryL♥ SheRmaIne♥
Kayla♥ WanNi♥ ZiTeng♥ Lala♥ Shannon♥

CREDITS

Image-Creator & Designer:
ICE ANGEL


Brushes: 1| 2| 3
BaseCodes by !takeaway

COUNTER
you can put your hits counter or anything else here. (:

ARCHIVES
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
July 2009
August 2009
November 2009
January 2010
June 2010